Friday, January 23, 2009

Adventures with Bodily Fluid

Yesterday Ben and I had a really fun day. I took him to art class, we went to Subway, then we went to Monkey Joes (a fun place with tons of blow up stuff to bounce on). Needless to say it was a fun day filled with many activities. Well after Monkey Joes we get in the car to go home. Ben is thirsty and wants a drink so I give him the rest of his chocolate milk from lunch (it was not warm yet and there was a ton left). He chugs this thing in like 2 seconds. So we pull out of the parking lot and literally one minute after leaving Ben starts crying and shouting I have to go the the bathroom. I look at him a little stunned, he doesn't usually cry when he has to go the the bathroom. Then I look in my rear view mirror just in time to see the chocolate milk as well as lunch come out of his mouth, onto himself and all over the car. I quickly pull over to take care of the situation. He is covered in vomit and crying. I pull his clothes off of him and wrap him in a blanket I found in the trunk. I pull off the car seat cover and the towel that was under his car seat, both are covered in vomit. I put them along with his soaking wet clothes in a bag in the trunk. As he is naked with a blanket around him in the back seat he looks at me and says "Can I finish my chocolate milk now?" "No I sigh, you can't". Today was spent taking my car to get the interior shampooed. Ben's mom was nice enough to pay.

post signature

7 comments:

amelia said...

Oh that is sick. I can't even clean up my own puke. You are a good employee.

Kim said...

Oh, I am SOOO sorry! That is disgusting. I'm glad his mom paid for you to have your car cleaned! Hopefully that doesn't EVER happen again! ICK!

Ali said...

Gross. I'm sorry that happened. I love Monkey Joes, by the way!

Kristin said...

Nasty! I'm glad his mom paid for it too. Not fun!

Mindy said...

Okay, at first I thought, because I don't remember these things too well, that Ben was your husband and then I realized when you said he was crying to go to the bathroom that it must be a kid. OH! It all made sense then. :) Hahah! Poor little guy. It is good practice for when you have you're own.

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Ash I think you're a girly/ California cool chick, with a classic twist sometimes.

Dixie & Markus said...

Ha! What a day! I must say, you're good under pressure. The blanket move was impressive. I don't think I would have even pulled-over. I think I'd just hope that it wasn't a big deal and it would just disappear by the time we reached our destination. And...that's how pathetic I am.