
After four long weeks of me not working and being bored I finally got a job! Not just any job, A job I am actually really excited about. I don't start work until October but I can't wait to start. I will be nannying for a family here in Orlando. I have met the mom and the kids and I just fell in love with them immediately. The family has four kids ranging from ages 8-3. All of them are in school all day except for the 3 year old. He goes to pre-school half day for three days a week. So I don't go to work until the afternoon on those days which will be nice for me to get some things done at my apartment. But the kids are all so cute, and the Mother is just adorable, she is so easy going, friendly, and so easy to get along with. Basically for my job I will be playing with/entertaining the 3 year old while he is not in school. He loves Sea World and water parks so they told me they would get me a pass to the water parks and Sea World so we could go whenever we want. Then when the other kids get home from school I help with homework and make sure they don't kill themselves while they are playing. Then it is time to go home and I do it all over again the next day. Sounds like an OK job right? Well here are some of the perks:
- When they go on family vacations I get to go, this includes their Disney Cruises and their annual Park City ski trip.
- They have a beach house they go to for the weekend sometimes and they want me to come as well as Alex if he wants to.
- The husband used to play football for the Florida Gators so they get season tickets and told me they would give some to Alex and I (Alex has been dying to go to a game)
- They will give me two weeks off to go home for Christmas!!!
- I get to play with her adorable kids every day and get paid good money for it.
I am really excited about this job because it will not be a boring desk job. I was worried about getting a job like that just because I haven't had one for so long I knew it would be hard for me. So, beginning in October I will no longer be looking for something to do with my time and I can't wait!



14 comments:
Wow! That sounds GREAT! I'm happy for you--and a little bit jealous too!
YEAH!! that sounds awesome! Perfect for you! Sounds like there are lots of perks... what a blessing! don't count it as anything less.
I'm so glad! That sounds like it will be really great!
HURRAY! Congrats - your job sounds so fun! And you will be perfect at it.
Perfect!!
Yeah Ash I'm super excited it worked out! I think you'll be really happy doing this!
EXCITING! I'm glad something worked out, it sounds like a great job.
That is awesome Ashley. I am so glad you won't be bored anymore, and three year olds are so much fun.
Nanny Ashley! I love it! I am so happy for you! This is very exciting....I am sure you will have lots of fun times to blog about the next while!
I am jealous like Kim, that sounds amazing :) ! Good job Ash, that will be great!!
SCORE!! I can't believe the perks! Lucky you!
Holy Cow! That job sounds incredible! Maybe I should just drop out and try and find something like that;) Congrats Ash!
um, yea so I'm pretty jealous. That sounds like so much fun!!! I bet you will be having the time of your life. How did you ever find this family??
yeah!!! Ashley, that sounds like heaven! i'm so glad you found such an amazing job with so many wonderful perks. wish teaching gave me free trips to Disney World!
Post a Comment