Friday, October 8, 2010

8 Months Old


Today my baby is 8 months old. I find myself looking at her all the time thinking, she is getting so big, when did she change from a little infant to this can't sit still, always wanting to jump out of my arms baby. We love her though, she is always discovering new things and it has been so much fun to watch her discover the world around her.

Here are some of the things she has been doing:
- She can now say 2 vowel consonant blends, Da Da Da and Na Na Na. She typically saves Da Da Da for when she is happy and Na Na Na for when she is upset.
-She loves to be held, but at the same time she tries to leap out of my arms whenever I am holding her...not sure where she thinks she's going but apparently somewhere. If I actually do put her down though she is usually sad, so confusing.
-She is still pretty good with strangers. Definitely knows they are strangers and she is cautious, but she will usually let them hold her.
- She is very interested in what I put in my mouth. When I am holding her and I put something in my mouth she leans in really close and smells it. Sometimes she even tries to put her mouth on mine to get a little bit.
-She loves trying new foods and if she can gum it we will usually give her a little bit of whatever we are eating.
- She loves drinking water from a sippy cup and gets so excited when I pull it out for her.
-She hasn't been drinking her bottles very well lately, she seems to prefer real food over formula, I don't think she is going to have a hard time at all giving up the bottle completely in a few months.
-When she is on her tummy (which she still hates) she pushes with her legs and gets her bum up in the air. She also pushes herself up pretty far with her arms, but she has never made it to all fours. (kind of funny to me that she can push herself up that far with her arms and legs, but still doesn't realize how to make herself roll over, oh well the fact that she can't get off her tummy makes her do tummy time)
-She still loves her voice and is constantly using it, which means she is screaming A LOT...happily of course. Sometimes I wonder if she is going to wake up without a voice.
-I have been trying to get her to wave for awhile now and I think she is starting to get it, this morning when I have been waving at her she has been moving her arm back and forth at me.
-She loves her Baby Einstein DVDs and whenever she sees that caterpillar crawl across the screen she gets sooo excited, she starts kicking her legs, flapping her arms and squealing.

We love our little Abby!

post signature

1 comment:

Katy said...

she is SO cute!! they change so fast... it is scary sometimes to think about it-