When I was younger I remember my Dad telling me that I would never understand how much him and my Mom loved me until I was a Mother myself. I now have such a greater understanding of that love and it feels so incredible knowing that my parents feel the same way about me as I do Abby. I would do anything so that she didn't have to feel any pain or sadness. I want nothing more than for her to be with Alex and I forever, even after this life. The thought that she could one day make decisions that would prevent this breaks my heart. I know Alex and I will do our best to bring her up right but ultimately the decision is up to her.
This got me thinking about our Father in Heaven and his love for us. Having a baby helps me to understand his love for us in a new way as well. I would imagine his love is even greater than the love I have for my daughter, even though now that feels impossible. I know he would do anything if it meant we would all return to him. What sadness he must feel when one of us makes a bad decision, it must kill him inside knowing that we may make a decision that will keep us from returning to him. Knowing this makes me want to try to be better. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families. It would be so sad to think that death was the end, that we couldn't be with our families anymore.
These are just some of the things I was thinking about..it's hard for me to put them into words but hopefully I got my point across. I love my family!



3 comments:
Very sweet and tender feelings - thanks for sharing them. And of course you could have guessed that I got teary reading! Love ya :)
So well said. I think about all this stuff all the time now. We are so lucky to be moms, and its so important for us to do our best in raising these kids right. :) So grateful for you and your great example. Miss you!
I'm sure you are such a great mom. It is sometimes overwelming to think of the responsibility, but what a blessing to be such a large part of someone else's life.
Post a Comment