Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009!

Alex is not big on dressing up for Halloween, but I came up with an idea this Halloween that he was fine with. This Halloween we decided to be Chicago Cubs Fans. (notice the fans around our neck, ha ha, get it?) Anyway, after a nice dinner at Wendy's we went to the ward party dressed up like this and we had a lot of fun. We decorated a door, passed out candy to all the kids, played some games and ate some food, what more can you ask for? And the best part is it was all inside so we didn't freeze to death. After the party I went straight into the shower to wash my hair. I was a little worried about my hair after I had sprayed it and I read the bottle, it said "do not use on hair that has been dyed in the past year" oh crap not only has mine been dyed in the past year but multiple times. Needless to say I was very relieved after shampooing it 2 times to find no remnants of the red and blue coloring left. After the party Alex and I watched a spooky movie (The 1968 black and white version of "Night of the Living Dead", which after the lights are all out and your husband is asleep and you have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is actually scary). Overall it was a fun Halloween and Alex and I couldn't help but discuss next Halloween and what we would dress our baby girl up as, we have already come up with some good ideas but I guess you will have to wait until next year.

Alex did a pretty good job on my face paint don't you think?

post signature

8 comments:

Ali said...

I'm glad your hair dye came out! I think the paint on your cheek looked great :) Happy Halloween!!

Melissa said...

You looked awesome.
I'm impressed your hair looked normal on Sunday.
Hows Three Cups of Tea coming along?

W. Nielson said...

You're so brave to do that with your hair! Fun costumes!!

amelia said...

Ha, love the hair Ash!

Des said...

Those are pretty sweet fans. haha, totally NOT what made the outfit- I LOVE YOUR HAIR. thats awesome. You guys made good cub fans. face paint and all, and yeah I would be worreid too about the hair! haha.

Dixie said...

Cute! I love that you checked the bottle AFTER you sprayed it all over your head. ha! It was totally worth the stress though because you looked great!

RMJSS said...

very cute costumes. me and ryan didnt even dress up. wish we would have now. :)

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

You guys looked great! Thanks for chatting a bit at the party. I always love talking to you!