Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Why are we here?

Last night as I was going to bed I was watching "Everybody Loves Raymond". Last night's episode focused on an interesting concept. Ray and Debra's little daughter Ali posed the question to her parents, "Why are we here, why did God put us here on Earth?" Of course it was supposed to be comical because no parent should be able to accurately answer that question right? Her dad finally, after fidgeting and trying to dodge the question finally came up with the answer that Heaven is too crowded so God sends people to Earth so there will be more room in Heaven. All the adults talked afterward and tried to find things in the Bible but none of it made sense, they even called their preacher hoping he would have a good answer, Ray's mom made the comment that scholars spend their entire lives pondering this question and never seem to find an answer that suffices.

The whole time I was watching this episode I was thinking to myself, I am so lucky to be a member of the LDS church, I don't have to sit there and ponder what the answer to that question is, in fact, I have been learning and re-learning the answer to that question my entire life. It made me realize how lost some people in this world must feel. I can't imagine going through life not knowing what I am doing here? What am I supposed to be accomplishing in this life? and wondering if I am supposed to be accomplishing anything at all.

I feel so blessed to have so much direction in my life, I know exactly what I am doing here on earth, and it is not just a theory, I know exactly what I am supposed to be doing while I am here, I am not just wandering aimlessly hoping I am doing enough to get into Heaven.

I love this Gospel and I love the way it makes me feel, I never feel alone or lost, I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me, he knows who I am personally and he has a plan for my life, I thank my Heavenly Father for this knowledge every night when I get to talk to him in my prayers.

I truly am so blessed :)

post signature

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Amen sister! Thanks for sharing, I feel the same way :)

Jaci said...

Thanks for your comments/testimony. I feel the same way. We have it all don't we. I love you!

Jed and Chelsea said...

I saw that episode too! And it made me think about how so many people in the world really don't have answers to those basic questions. I loved your thoughts on it! Having a good Summer? PS - You asked what Jed's doing for work ... he's managing a section of a roofing company in Denver. Talk to you soon...

Dixie & Markus said...

We really do have it made. Thanks for sharing this:)

Dixie & Markus said...

We really do have it made. Thanks for sharing this:)