Friday, May 22, 2009


This what my view has been like lately. Rain, rain and more rain. The rain hasn't stopped since Monday and I have to say, it is getting a little depressing. I am not sure if it is all the rains fault that I am depressed, it could also be that my husband left me here all alone for four weeks. Yes you heard me correctly, my husband left me, can you believe that? I have to admit though it is not all his fault. We decided several months ago that this was the best way. That when he finished school for the semester he would fly to Idaho and I would stay here and work for another month to earn a little extra money, but I have to admit, through my tears I am wondering if it is worth it. It is hard to be apart, if it weren't for our wonderful Florida "family" I would be going insane, but luckily we have some pretty awesome friends that are taking care of me. So thank you friends for being so kind and looking out for me, hopefully the next four weeks will go by really fast!

On a lighter note, last week was a lot of fun. Alex's Mom and Dad came to visit along with his sister Megan and her two boys. They rented a condo near Disney and went almost every day. Alex and I joined them for three of those days and we had so much fun, unfortunately I did not take many pictures, but here are the few that I took.

Alex with our 3 year old nephew Owen, Alex seemed to be the only alternative to Owen's mom, he absolutely LOVES Alex.


Owen had an autograph book and wanted autographs, but was terrified to go near any characters so Alex and I got Mr. and Mrs. Incredible's autograph for him.


I took these pictures when we went on the Safari at Animal Kingdom, it was kinda fun to see animals so close up that were not behind a fence.

So there you have it, my life in a nutshell for the past month so if you would like to cheer me up, leave me a comment, or call me or text me or something, I am lonely :-)

post signature

5 comments:

Katy said...

we miss you!

Scott and Katie said...

Hi Cute Ash! I'm thinking about ya! HOpe the next few weeks go quickly and that you have a wonderful summer in Idaho!! Will you be in Holiday at all?

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

You'll hang in there buck-a-roo, we can chat everyday! You can keep telling me to quit teaching, and I'll keep telling you to not joke about your husband leaving you because it happens to good people. (I just wanted you to make your shocked face, so I wrote that!)
You're almost one week down, it will fly by!

Laura said...

Good luck Ash, you'll make it! Just think what a rockin' fun summer you are going to have once you get to Idaho. Let me know when you come to visit Salt Lake!

Emily said...

Being apart is hard, but it does get easier, I promise. We are excited to have you in Idaho for the summer. It will be good to see you. Hang in there!!