8 years ago
Saturday, February 14, 2009
De Leon Springs
This week the kids I nanny were out of school for Winter Break. On Tuesday their Mom and I took them to De Leon Springs. De Leon Springs normally has tons of manatees to look at but apparently that springs is too cold for them right now so we did not get to see any manatees :( But there was a fun playground for the kids to play on and this adorable little place that serves breakfast. It was such a unique little place. In the middle of each table there were hot skillets. Each person at the table got their own spatula. The waitor then brought out the most delicious pancake batter, eggs and bread for toast, bacon and sausage. We then got to cook our own breakfast at our table. We cracked the eggs onto the skillet, poured the batter on and put the bread on to toast. The kids had so much fun cooking their own breakfast (with our help of course). They were so excited and felt so big holding their little spatulas. Out of four kids we only had one kid actually touch the skillet with his finger (one out of four is pretty good, no matter how many times you tell them not to touch because you will burn your finger, you know one has to try it for themselves). It was such a fun day and although breakfast was not the most relaxing while trying to help 4 kids cook their own breakfast, it was a good experience.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
How fun! I've never been to a restaurant like that, it looks like a fun place.
That is awesome! I love breakfast!! You look so cute... :)
Ash-Thw pancake place looks like SO much FUN!! You must come back to Utah and open one. Also-I've seen you bowl and I don't believe you! If there's a next time, take a picture of the score! Haha
Post a Comment