Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And We're back from our trip to Salt Lake City

For Christmas this year Alex and I were able to go visit our families in Salt Lake. It was so much fun to see all our friends and family. It was also fun to have a white Christmas, although I am glad that this year I only had to endure two weeks of winter. When we flew into SLC on Thursday Dec. 18th the first thing we did was go to CAFE RIO. Alex and I have missed this place A LOT. Chipolte just does not cut it. I forgot to take a picture, but just imagine Alex and I with the biggest smiles on our faces with the cafe rio sign behind us.

Had to take a picture of me in all the snow.



Hanging out with our friends, Dustin and Kassie

My friends Camille and Annie and I all went to Mimi's for breakfast one morning. Yum!

While hanging out with our friends Josh and Jen we had an interesting discussion about men and hugging, so we had to take a picture of them shaking hands

Me, Carson, and Jen. I got to see several other friends but did not get pictures, sorry Collette, Lacee and Sadee. And for those of you I didn't get to see I apologize, time was very limited, but trust me, I wish I could have seen you too. :)

CHRISTMAS MORNING Hooray! We spent the morning with my family, then went over to Alex's parents for the afternoon and evening.

Me and my little brother Matt

Me and Mom both got caress body gel and loufas

Grandma and Grandpa both got one another a hole punch

Mom and Dad, got eachother the same book

Me and Alex

My sister, her husband, and three little kids came the day after Christmas, this is me with Graycie

My Mom, my sister Melissa and I all got these super cute "Flirty Aprons". Don't we look flirty :-)

Jacob and Isaac LOVED playing in the snow!


On New Year's Eve we went to the Spaghetti Facotry with my family, we found a cute picture spot. My brother's Marc and Matt had to work :-(

Our Nephew Payton came and of course we had to go bowling because it is his most favorite thing. I actually got a high score of 74, well high for me,I have to say I was very proud of myself.

Alex's brother Patrick and his girlfriend Katie

My mother in law Kaaron and Payton

On Sunday the January 4th we said our goodbyes and went to the airport. When we got to our gate they announced that the flight was full and they needed volunteers to get off and take a flight the next morning. They were offereing $400 flight vouchers for each ticket that got off the flight. So of course we decided to take them up on their offer and stay an extra day. We did not have any luggage seeing as how it was already on the plane, so our luggage got there a day before us. But we are pretty thrilled to have those flight vouchers, maybe we will actually be able to afford to go home again one day.



post signature

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Fun trip! It was fun seeing you guys. Jason told me he wished he could have spoken to Alex more. Next time! That is awesome that you have those vouchers. I've wondered the same thing about how we will afford to fly ourselves back. Those vouchers are perfect!

Jaci said...

Miss you guys already! :(
Luv ya

Breaking the Barrier said...

We did have lots of fun!! it was great to see you. Oh and bytheway, you need to get on spidermanfightscancer.com and read the last daily update titled molecular remission (I think that's the title). Call me when you do.
love Jenn

Dixie & Markus said...

You definitely look soooooo flirty in your new apron:) I love it! I miss seeing the snow on Christmas! I thought we MIGHT get some over here in the UK but there was nonesuch. Lucky you!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Let's get one thing straight: you are always fun. Even if you feel like crap, and are in the worst pain of your life, you are always fun.

Unknown said...

Wow, that snow looked amazing! That is fun you got to go home! Back to the warmth now!

amelia said...

Come on, be honest - you miss the snow.