Monday, November 10, 2008

My Mom's Visit to Orlando!

A few weeks ago my Mom found plane tickets on Southwest Airlines from Salt Lake City to Orlando for $99 each way. That deal was just too amazing to pass up so she immediatly booked her flight. She spent the week in Orlando last week and it was AMAZING to have her here. Although now I miss her more than ever! But fortunatly it will only be six weeks until I see her again because Alex and I will be going there for Christmas! We had so much fun with her here. I had Wednesday off but the rest of the week I still had to work but I just brought Ben (the little boy I nanny's blog name)along with us wherever we went. On Wednesday My Mom and I went to a movie (High School Musical 3, yes we will admit that we saw that movie). Then that night we went to our friend's Ryan and Heather for a bbq, thanks for having us over guys, it was great! On Thursday we went to the Zoo, not the most amazing zoo but Ben loved it. He got to feed the giraffes and the deer as well as ride on a train.





Ben has a dog and whenever he gives him a treat he always makes him do a trick first. He kept trying to make the deer do tricks to get their treat, he would hold the treat up high and say jump, jump. Unfortuantly the deer did not do any tricks.

The next day we went to lunch and shopping at Downtown Disney. That is the cutest place ever, they have so many things to do and see. They had the whole place decorated for Christmas and it seemed a little bit out of place in the 80 degree weather.





They had a Legoland store that was awesome, they sold every lego you could possibly imagine, there were also a ton of really cool things to look at that were all made out of legos, these were two of my favorites.



Yeah that tourist family with the dogs and the dragon? All made out of legos, who even knew that was possible. (Kim I decided that your husband needs to become one of the guys that designs and makes these lego creations, tell him to think about it :-)

They also had a little splash fountain for the kids to run through, Ben loved it, he had so much fun running in and out of the water, everybody was watching him and laughing, some tourists were even taking pictures (I am not sure how I feel about that).



That night my Mom took Alex and I out to dinner and to see Madagascar 2 (very cute by the way). The next day we drove my Mom to the airport and said our goodbyes (I tried not to cry the WHOLE way home :( Love you Mom, thanks for a fantastic week, I miss you already!

post signature

9 comments:

Kristin said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a great time. I love your Snowbird shirt!

Ali said...

What a steal of a deal for airfare! Our airport of choice doesn't have a direct flight to SLC anymore (boo) so the prices are always high. Lame...

Anyway, I'm so glad you got to have some time with your Mom! I am counting down the weeks to our christmas visit too! Let's plan on getting together, shall we?!

amelia said...

Who is rockin the Snowbird shirt? Yeah! What a fun trip with your mom :)

Jaci said...

It's fun to relive the week looking at the pics - I miss you guys! I had so much fun and now I'm counting down until Dec. 18th and our stop at Cafe Rio after I pick you up from the airport!

Kim said...

How fun that your mom could come and visit! I'm so glad you got to spend some time together! Maybe Matt and I will have to venture to Florida so he can see the Legos and Lego store there. I've tried to convince him to get a job as a Lego designer but he says there's too much schooling involved to get there!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

That's so cool you get to go to Disneyland all the time. And I guess it's pretty cool your mom came too :)

Julia Davis said...

Oh so fun! I love Moms! And that little man is adorable! You are so cute and I miss you lots.... :) Oh, and your blog makes me want to dance. Remember all the dances we went to together in the roomie days? Institute, UVSC, BYU, the living room? etc....

W. Nielson said...

How fun that your mom got to come!! And for such a great deal too! It looks like you had a blast! :) That little guy is darling!

Jared and Andrea said...

I never did get to ask about your mom's visit. It looks like y'all had a blast.