Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Read any good books lately?

So I am done with all the Harry Potter, the Twilight books etc. Now I need something new to read during my free time. Anyone have any ideas for me?

5 comments:

Marn E said...

If you're in to LDS Novels, I have a zillion I could recommend! Let me know and I'll email you a list--or you can check out my Shelfari most of them are on there. :D

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Since you are into pop teenage escapist literature (that's a genre my friend, not an insult) I'm inclined to reccomend The Uglies series to you. Most my kids who read Twilight pick up the Uglies next and love it! They are about a society that undergoes plastic surgery at age 16 to become perfect. Tally's friend decides she doesn't want it and runs away- Tally is faced with the threat of not getting it unless she brings her friend back. I haven't read them yet, but kids love them- Uglies is first, Pretties seconed, Specials third. Scott Westergard, I believe, is the author.

amelia said...

I totally can't do fiction books...but have read some GREAT nonfiction books this summer. Try "The Glass Castle."

Julia Davis said...

I am reading The Goosegirl right now. Also by an LDS author, but just a fun easy read. I really like it. Steve recommends the Kite Runner and Life of Pi if you haven't read those. They are a little more heavy but very interesting.

Amy and Dave B. said...

I read two of Phillipa Gregory books which have a good story and a great history lesson; The Constant Princess and The Other Boleyn Girl. Kind of racy but think in historical terms. I also read the first two in the "uglies" series and they're pretty good. Still working on the last two in that series. Enjoy