8 years ago
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I accidently showed Porn to my first graders!
So I put on a dvd for my kids the other day while I called them back one by one to do some testing. I had bought this dvd through scholastic a long time ago but I had never watched it. I did not preview it before showing it to my class but I did not think that was necessary seeing as how I got it from Scholastic. Anyway, it was a dvd full of various children's books animated like "Where the Wild Things are" etc. So everything was fine until the last story, I had my back toward the screan (we have projectors and surround sound in our classroom so this was a HUGE screen) I all of a sudden heard "And the little boy fell out of his clothes" so I turned around. I saw a little boy falling naked down a hole, at first you could only see his behind, the kids snickered and stuff but not that big of a deal, then the litle boy turned around. All my kids saw full on animated male genitalia. The girls started screaming and pointing "Ahhhh, I can see his wee wee". I hurried to turn off the dvd as quickly as I could. So I showed animated porn to my first graders, I am so going to loose my job :) jk I talked to my principal and i haven't had any parents call or anything so I think I am ok, but I just couldn't believe what I saw on a G rated Scholastic film.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Classic! Don't worry too much, you are moving, right! :) So funny!
Oh my goodness! Who would have thought with Scholastic?!
OOOOOh! I so should have warned you sometime in our time working together to never have "In the Night Kitchen" in your library or watch the movie! You're not the first person to learn that one the hard way!
ha ha ha! that's hilarious Ashley! love how things like that happen and make us totally freak out that we're going to lose our job. i showed how to eat fried worms last year with subtitles on, so not only did the students hear the little boy say penis, but they were able to read it. oops! gotta love life's bloopers!
HAHAHAHAHA, that is so funny! Who would have thought an educational video would need to be screened?
that is hilarious! I'm sad your moving and we didnt really get to hang out that much!
Ash, I did that this year when I was subbing kindergarten--same movie and everything. I thought I was going to get fired.
Hahaha!! Isn't a little early for sex ed? I'm commend your ambition but, I don't think the kiddies are ready for all that just yet.
Post a Comment