On Saturday my mom and I went to Highland High school for a book signing for Stephenie Meyer's new book the host. On the ticket it said there would be a reading and signing but she did not read anything. She answered questions for about twenty minutes and then the rest of the time was for signing. It was interesting to hear some of the questions and responses. One of the questions was "Will there be a sequel to the Host" She said she was not sure yet, the book stood alone just fine, but if she did end up writing a trilogy she had already thought up the titles- The Seeker and The Soul. She had no idea when Midnight Sun would be done (the first twilight book rewritten from Edwards Perspective) And there could possibly be a movie one day for the Host but she thought it would be hard to do because of the loads of dialogue taking place in the main character's head. It was funny to see all of the really die hard fans though, I mean I thought I was a fan, but compared to some of these people I see that i am not. I mean I could not even count how many people I saw wearing all sorts of I love Edward Cullen t-shirts and everything. Kind of crazy, oh and the handful of guys I saw there were also very excited to be there. You could tell they were also Edward Cullen fans :) So that is a little update for all of you Stephenie Meyer fans. If you are not you really should be. I am about almost halfway through The Host and I cannot put it down, it is really addicting. Very different like all of her books, but really good. Anyway, my mom and I waited for about two hours and twenty minutes for her to sign our books, it was a long wait and I probably would not do it again, but it was fun to do one time. :) If anyone else has read the book or is reading it, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
8 years ago



2 comments:
My mother in law and sister in law are reading it. They say it's interesting. That's fun you got to go see her and get your book signed!
I just thought I would rub in the fact that I'm checking your blog while I'm at school because I can.
Thanks again for coming Saturday- it was really fun to see you kiddies!
Post a Comment