8 years ago
Thursday, November 22, 2012
The Labor Story
Looking back I am so happy I wrote about Abby's labor story so I decided I better do it again for Brianna before I forget. Brianna's due date was Tuesday November 20th, well that day came and went and no baby. I had gone to the Doctor the Friday before and I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. On Tuesday morning at about 4:30 am I began having a few mild contractions but they were only about every half hour and they went away as soon as I got out of bed. However on Tuesday night they began coming hard every 10 minutes apart, I didn't get an ounce of sleep all night long because I was curled up in a ball in pain every 10 minutes. I had a doctors appointment on Wednesday morning and was expecting to hear some good news about my progress, however I found out that I was still a 2 and still 70% effaced. I was super frustrated because I had been up all night in pain with nothing to show for it. I had already called my mom and told her to drive up because I was pretty sure the baby would be coming soon. All day Wednesday nothing happened, I was having one or two contractions an hour but they were pretty painful. On Wednesday evening the contractions started coming again about every 10 minutes. I went to bed and was so miserable and tired, at about 1:15 I went to the bathroom and was pretty sure that I lost some of my water, immediately the contractions started coming every 3 minutes so Alex and I rushed to the hospital. When I got there I was dilated to a 5 and 100% effaced. I was able to get an epidural about an hour after I arrived. At around 5:10 the nurse came in to check on my progress and I told her the rest of my water broke and that I needed to push ASAP. She checked me and sure enough I was a 10, she told me not to push and to wait for the doctor, I told her he better hurry up or this baby was coming without him. A few minutes later the doctor arrived, 2 pushes later Brianna was born at 5:24 am. She was 6lbs 15oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Everything about her was perfect and we were so happy she was finally here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow! 2 pushes! Way to go! Se is adorable! Congrats!
It really isn't fair. Not all labors are created equally!
Ashley, She's gorgeous, just like her sister. Now we both have two baby girls. I hope you are doing well and making a smooth transition into being a mommy of two.
Post a Comment