Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Abby

I can't believe my baby girl is 2 years old already. She is growing up so fast and is constantly amazing me with all the things she says and knows. We celebrated her birthday a few days early this year so that Grandma and Grandpa Muir could join in on all the partying. We started off the day by opening a few presents from Mom and Dad and from Grandma and Grandpa Nielson.


Pretend Food



Her very own dishes


She was so excited about the presents on the floor she didn't even notice the huge blanket behind her that was covering up her brand new kitchen.



For weeks Abby has been telling me that she wants a Rapunzel dress that fits her "Apunzel dress me"? She was excited when she saw it but didn't think it would fit her since she has never had one fit her before.


She was pleasantly surprised to see that it fit her



She immediately wanted to turn on Tangled so that she could dance with Rapunzel in the town square.


Showing off her birthday shirt that Grandma Kaaron bought her


After presents we went to lunch at the Upper Crust with G and G Muir. Abby got her favorite, Mac and Cheese, she also loved her chocolate chip cookie, although her face would suggest otherwise.



We had a tangled birthday party and I wanted to have a Tangled cake but didn't want to pay for one, so I decided to try making one myself. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt at cake decorating.


After Abby's nap we went to a place here called "Party Hardy". It has a room full of blow up bouncy toys and several rooms full of toys. Abby LOVES it there!










After "Party Hardy" we came home and ordered pizza, then we opened a few presents from G and G Muir




Finally it was time for the cake. Abby wasn't too sure about the candles and didn't want to blow them out so I helped her out a little bit.




She was so much cleaner eating her cake with a fork this year that I didn't even snap a picture. Oh well, Happy Birthday beautiful girl, we love you!!


post signature

4 comments:

Ali said...

She sure is a CUTE girl!! Happy Birthday Abby!

Julia Davis said...

What a doll. Looks like such a fun day! I love that she loves Tangeled. So cute!

Becca Bingham said...

Way to go on the cake! She looks so excited and cute in all these pictures. Sounds like it was a fun day!

Jaci said...

Love all the Bday pics - So cute!