Sunday, August 22, 2010

Balboa Island/Newport Beach

The first week in August my whole family all spent the week at a beach house on Balboa Island. Balboa Island is right by Newport Beach in California. We went to the beach, went shopping at all the fun shops on Balboa Island just relaxed. It was a lot of fun to be able to spend so much time with everyone. Here are some pics from our trip.

Alex building Abby a Bumbo chair out of sand

She LOVED playing in the sand

Abby took a little nap every day while we were at the beach which I was very grateful for, here she is with Grandma

Trying to wipe all the sand off of her was a lot of fun :)

Alex and my brother in law Mace playing in the waves

We ate all our meals outside in the courtyard area, Abby loved eating outside

Abby can't get enough of her cousin Isaac


My Mom bought all the girls matching flip flops

My sister and her family

My nephew Jacob was really into playing Doctor, I always got to be the patient and my sister in law Amanda got to be the nurse. I look really sick don't I? Don't you love my oxygen mask made out of paper?

One Day we went to the tide pools to look around







Napping with Grandpa




Us in front of our beach house

The ride home was long and it was a lot of working keeping Abby entertained but I think we did a pretty good job and she did really well for being in the car all day long!



post signature

7 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

I love the beach, esp. with family! It looks like you had so much fun. The doctor thing cracked me up!

Fab Five said...

When I first skimmed through your pictures I thought you were really in a hospital! I'm glad you were at the beach instead! :)

Des said...

oh man that looks SOO fun. I love the beach.
Love the 2nd pic of Abby laughing in the sand. so cute.

Kim said...

That looks like so much fun! Abby is adorable!

Jaci said...

Sooo fun - let's do it again!

Melissa said...

I miss the beach!!
Thanks for rubbing it in.

Krystle said...

How fun!!!! Hope you are enjoying it back there in Moscow. I miss you!!!!