Saturday, May 8, 2010

3 Months Old

I can't believe that in 3 short months my baby girl went from this

to this

she has grown up so much this month and she is learning new things all the time, here are some of the things she is doing currently
- Finally sleeping in her crib on her side (no car seat hooray)
- Still sleeping about 10 hours a night, we are still working on napping well, maybe next month
- She is eating about 5oz sometimes 6oz every 3 hours
- She still LOVES LOVES LOVES her play mat but now she spends forever trying to grab the objects hanging down, and when she gets them she tries to bring them to her mouth and is always surprised when they snap out of her hand because they are attached to the top and won't reach her mouth.
-She loves sitting in her bouncer and trying to grab those toys too
-This month she has discovered the Bumbo and she loves sitting in that, but usually for only about 10 minutes

-She has discovered her hands and I catch her examining them all the time, she also LOVES to chew on them
- She is full of smiles all the time and yesterday I got her to laugh for the first time
- She loves books, especially her Elmo book (there is a puppet Elmo that you can stick your fingers in and make him move, she loves to grab his hands)
- She loves watching her Baby Einstein DVDs but has a hard time making it all the way to the very end (they are a half hour)
- She loves to watch people and everything else going around her, when I hold her she always wants me to face her outward so that she can see everything.
- She HATES tummy time and screams her head off every time I put her on her tummy, sometimes she gets so worked up that she falls asleep I usually try to save it for right before nap time so that she is good and tired

We love you baby girl, can't wait to see what you will learn this month!

post signature

10 comments:

Jed and Chelsea said...

She is... beautiful. Wow, what a precious little girl.

Becca Bingham said...

I love hearing this update! It is so fun to see there progress! You are so lucky she sleeps so well at night. Kaitlynn is 9 months old and we are still working on that. :)

Cami said...

It's amazing how fast they grow! She is such a cutie!

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Ash, she looks so much like Alex to me! She is sure growing fast ... super cute! =)

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! And so cute:)

Jaci said...

I can't wait to hold her again - soon!

Kristin said...

Wow, she really has grown up! She is precious!

RMJSS said...

Wow she has grown alot in 3 mo. soo adorable!!

amelia said...

So cliche, but it really does go by so fast - especially the cuddling part. Peanut hated tummy time too, and I was all paranoid she'd have a weird flat head because of it - so she learned to like it :)

Katy said...

SO CUTE! She has changed So so much. Those pictures are crazy