She absolutely LOVES playing on the floor underneath this thing. Every time she finishes eating she wants me to lay her underneath this so she can play. There is a mirror attached to the top and she just lays there and smiles at herself for about a 1/2 hour. This time is nice for me because I can get some things done while she entertains herself. If I feed her and try doing something else after we eat, like put her in her car seat to go somewhere, she gets very sad. She LOVES her floor time
She has finally learned that she loves her bouncer, for the first month of her life she hated her bouncer and would cry whenever I put her in it. But now she loves it! She likes sitting in it and watching me do things like fold the laundry or unloading the dishwasher, she has even learned that it is very nice to fall asleep in.
Abby Loves bath time (although the expression on her face in the bath picture would suggest otherwise), she loves sitting in her bath chair while I pour water all over her, she finds it very relaxing, so relaxing that I give her a bath almost every evening when she is fussy because it calms her down.
In the past 2 days she has discovered that she loves these keys. She can't hold them herself yet but she just lays there smiling while I shake them for her. She also likes sucking on her hands...makes me wonder if she will eventually find her thumb?
Abby is an awesome sleeper at night and typically sleeps the whole night, anywhere from 8-12 hours...this is very nice for mommy. She does however, need to be sleeping in her car seat to sleep all night, she can't stand sleeping on her back in her crib so I just put a blanket in her car seat and put the car seat in the crib. We will fight the "sleep in your crib on your back" battle in another month or so.
I am not sure if it is because she sleeps so well at night or not but she does not take very good naps in the daytime unless I am holding her. If I am holding her she will sleep for 2-3 hours at a time but if I lay her down she will only sleep for about a 1/2 hour or 40 minutes. Sometimes if I am lucky she will take one 2 hour nap in the morning, but most the time she just cat naps. I am hoping that she grows out of this soon...maybe it is just a phase...that she has been going through since she was one month?
We love you Abby Girl!



10 comments:
Love her chubby cheeks and big smile! I'm hoping you're right about the cat nap phase, because Lily does the same thing. How do you get anything done during the day?
8-12 hours a night! That is awesome! My little girl won't do that and she is 8 months! Oh and I've been meaning to tell you that I'm sorry I forgot your name at the Bunco party! I totally know it...that's why I was going to use you as my example. Must have been all those people looking at me that made me freeze! Keep having fun with her!
Very cute pictures in both posts! She is amazing!
She's darling! Love that picture at the end of her bathtime!
I'm glad she's sleeping so well for you at night! Carson did the cat nap thing for awhile too but in the last week or two he's started napping better - I'm sure Abby will too. She's getting so big! It's hard to believe she's 2 months already.
She is just too darn cute! I hope to meet her one of these days!
Congratulations and welcome to motherhood!! I just found out you had a baby through Melissa's blog - I'm so behind! Abby is beautiful, and yes, they grow ridiculously fast, so enjoy every phase. Little girls are the best! Love, Lisa Allen Larsen
I LOVE the pic of her in the towel, perfect smiling picture :)
2 months!! Wow time have flown by.These are all cute, cute pictures. I am so happy that you have your little Abby she is a doll!! I am excited to see you and her often this summer :). I love those professional pics too!!
Lucky Mama! You're getting loads of sleep! My little one also wakes up a lot more when she sleeps on her back. I think it's because the milk and burps come up a lot more when they are laying down and it's uncomfortable. When they sit up gravity keeps the milk down. I don't know, what do you think?
Post a Comment