Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Binkies


Before Abby was born I got four adorable binkies, I thought about how cute it would be when they were in her mouth after she was born...the pink and white striped one, the one with orange and pink swirlies, the pink one with flowers and old fashioned Whinnie the Pooh. How cute I thought to have a cute binkie to match an adorable outfit, I planned on buying tons.

Even this one wasn't so bad. One thing I was absolutely sure of was that my baby was not going to have one of these

I have always thought they were ugly, I don't like how big they are, the shape they are, and I don't like how when the babies are sucking on them you can see a big hole in their face.
Behold, Abby's first act of defiance...the only kind of binkie she will take.



You live and you learn.

post signature

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Yep and as the years go by and you have more kids, you keep living and learning even more.

Becca Bingham said...

I still think that is so funny!

Melissa said...

She loves her little soothie!

Jaci said...

Never say never! :)

Brynn said...

Yay! you found a purple one! Hooray! So cute!

Kim said...

Ash, did you know you can buy a Soothie called the Gumdrop, you can get them online at http://gumdroppacifier.typepad.com/ they are the same basic binkie just smaller and more fitted to your baby's cute little face. You should totally check them out!

Lacee DeG said...

Haha!! At least she WILL take one! She is so adorable. I'm glad you're doing fantastic!!

Katy said...

ya... it is weird to figure out you have to do what they want instead of them doing what you want. I am still stamping my feet about my girls wearing 'character clothes' but that is all they want and their dad loves to make them happy. Swore I never would...