Since October I have been babysitting my friend Lindsay's baby girl Ashlyn. When I started watching her she was about 3 months old, now she is 7 months. Yesterday was my last day and I have to say I am sad. I got so used to her being my little buddy, crawling around, following me everywhere. She is such a cute little thing and now that I don't have her around I am very anxious to fill that void with my own little baby girl. It was so fun to watch Alex with Ashlyn, I know he is going to be such a great Dad and I can't wait!
I went to the Doctor today and was told that I am not dilated yet but that I am more than 50% effaced. Four days till my due date...4 days till that magic day I have been anxiously awaiting since last May when I found out I was pregnant. I wish that magic day really were magic and that I knew for certain our baby girl would be here on Sunday. I am trying to be patient but it is so hard to wait when I have already been waiting so long. My Doctor is not a fan of letting women go more than a week over their due date so most likely if she doesn't come on her own we are looking at the end of next week.
Any last words of advice from all of you experienced mothers out there? I have been trying to get a lot of rest. It is a little bit hard when I go to the bathroom 5-6 times a night but I am pretty sure that is just preparing me for the long nights I have ahead of me.



9 comments:
You're almost there! How fun, I'm so excited for you. My advice: there's no such thing as an experienced mom!! I'm a total rookie, welcome to the club!!
Ahhh, four days till your due date! Good Luck, Ashley! Can't wait to hear the good news. :)
Read the book you're going to implement on your child whatever that is.
Stock up on diapers and wipes and diaper rash cream (just in case)
Get Oxy clean and a bucket by your washing machine.
Make sure you have multiply changes of sheets for the crib.
Have fun.
I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!!!
Expect to not know what you are doing... Then you will be happy either way!
You'll be so great as a Mom! I'm so excited for her to get here!!
You are so brave! This is such a great and wonderful thing to experience! As soon as she is born, you will quickly forget the last nine months of waiting, and the pain you may have endured maybe even the last 5 minutes of contractions! But you will finally have her in your arms, and be ready to take on the world together, one day at a time.
Go on a date!!!
Being a mommy is so very fun! And tiring! Be sure to sleep whenever that little girl is sleeping! And if people want to help you with house stuff or meals, LET THEM DO IT! You just chill out with your baby and take care of her and yourself!
(oh yes, and having easy and healthy snack food around to grab will make your life a lot easier)
Post a Comment