Sunday, July 19, 2009

Busy Summer

This summer seems to be flying by really fast. I have done so much with my family and I am so glad that Alex and I have been out here for it all. Unfortunatly I have been horrible at taking pictures but I have been able to get a few from my Mom's camera. The first week I got here in Utah I drove straight up to Idaho to be with Alex. I spent a week there with him, then Alex and I drove to SLC for my familie's condo at SnowBird. It was so much fun, as always, to spend so much time with family up there. We have been going there almost every summer since I was born and it is one of my favorite family traditions. Aelx was only able to come for part of the time since he needed to get back to work, but I was grateful for the time he did get to spend with us.

Mom and Dad swimming with my nephews Jacob and Isaac

The whole family just outside our condo

One day we decided to go with all the cousins and little kids to the dinosaur museum. They had a blast, this is my little brother Matt with my neice Graycie

Me, my sister Melissa, my cousin Annie and my cousin Katy

The last day of our condo was the 4th of July. Alex and I went over to his parents house to eat dinner and visit with his family (his sister was in town from Atlanta with her husband and 2 kids, it was great to see you guys) After dinner we met my family in Holladay for the fireworks display they do there. I must say for such a tiny community they put on an AWESOME fireworks show. Sorry, no pics, I know I am lazy!

After our week at Snowbird, Alex had to go back to work and I stayed in SLC for a few family events going on. One of my favorite things to do in the summer with my family is go up in the canyons for a bbq.

My parents and sister with my Grandma, my Grandma recently moved to SLC from Twin Falls Idaho and we are so happy she lives to close, now she can come on our family outings :)

My nephew Jacob playing near the creek

My brother Matt chopping wood for the fire

Graycie loved wondering around the picnic sight.

My little brother Marc and his girlfriend Amanda, don't they make a cute couple :)

After church one Sunday my Mom and sister and I discovered we unintentinally color coordinated our outfits so of course we had to take a picture.

On July 10th Alex's brother Patrick got married to the most adorable girl named Katie in the draper temple. The wedding was so beautiful (sorry no pics again)and we are so happy to welcome Katie into the family, congrats you two. Alex was able to come for the wedding but then had to go back to Idaho again.

Wednesday was both a sad and a happy day in my family. We took my little brother Matt to the MTC. He is serving in the Baltic mission (Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia) he will be spending about ten weeks in the MTC learning Russian. It was so hard to say goodbye to him knowing we won't see him again for two years, but we know that is what he should be doing now. We miss you Matt, good luck!




So that is what I have been doing for the past three weeks, I am sad that I have only gotten to see Alex on the weekends, we have spent more time apart this summer than together I think. But it has been so much fun to be here for all the family things going on. Tomorrow I am going back to Idaho to join him which will be really nice. We are now living with my cousin and his wife and three kids, they are such troopers letting us crash with them for the next few weeks. Thanks Brent and Annie, you are the best!

post signature

4 comments:

Julia Davis said...

So Fun! Snowbird looks like such a blast! I loved the coordinating outfit picture, too! Haha.... remember when we used to do that on a weekly basis too? You look fabulous as usual and I sure hope to see you in real life (instead of 2 dimensionally on the blog-like) someday soon! Miss you.

Love, Juls

Jed and Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys are having tons off fun! I love your blog and I'm glad that you update it! YOu look so cute, by the way. Hope your summer is going well - I haven't talked to you in sooo long but love reading about your life. Keep it up, little buddy.

Amy and Dave B. said...

You came to Utah and didn't let us know???!!!! Jeesh! I guess we'll forgive you this time :) Looks like you were busy having tons of fun with family!

amelia said...

I can't believe Matt is gone! Glad you're having a fun summer though.