Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Families visit to Orlando

Last week my parents and my two brothers came to visit Alex and I in Orlando. They came on a Tuesday and Left the next Monday morning. They were here for almost a whole week but there was still a lot we could have done. On Wednesday we went to Epcot and Magic Kingdom.







On Thursday we went to Hollywood Studios (In case you are not familiar with Disney World, all three of these parks are part of Disney World, there is one more park, Animal Kingdom that we did not have time to go to.)


On Friday we went to New Smyerna Beach



On Saturday we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure (Both parks are part of Universal Studios)


Since it was so expensive, we decided to just pack a lunch rather than buy every day, here we are in the parking lot of Universal Studios, at least it was covered!




If you did not read the above sign carefully, then go back and read it again. This was an actual sign that we saw while waiting in line for the ride "Dueling Dragons". Now I have seen a lot of warning signs in my life, but I have never seen a sign telling people to please remove their prosthetic limbs. Wouldn't you think that if you had a prosthetic limb you would know your limits? And are there enough people with Prosthetic limbs riding the ride that they need to post a sign for them? You would think that the ride attendant could just inform them when they go to get in their seat, "I'm sorry sir but you are going to have to remove your leg, I will hold it for you until you get back" Do they really need a sign for everyone to see? Anyway, we got a kick out of it!

Sunday we went to church and took a rest from our incredibly busy week. My family left early Monday morning. I was so sad to see them leave, I had so much fun while they were here. I love you all, I hope you guys come back again soon!

post signature

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I do that to say that the pictures make me sad though! I really wish we could have gone. Next time...
Love you!

Julia Davis said...

Lucky! I wanna come VISIT!!!

amelia said...

FUN! I want to come visit too!

Kristin said...

What a blast! I love the Snow White/Beauty and the Beast plants in your Epcot pictures.

Jaci said...

The prosthetic limbs sign made me laugh out loud all over again. That was too funny! We had so much fun - I'm ready to do it all over again. Oh FYI - when I went to the gym this morning it was 29 and 4 inches of snow on the ground:)

Ali said...

I can't believe how grown up your brothers are. They'll always be Charlie Brown and Snoopy in my eyes!!

Your parents look just the same :) That's a compliment. I'm glad you had the family down for a visit.

Are you up for being a tour guide when the Flegal fam makes there way down to Orlando?

Katy said...

so fun!!

ahh.. the prosthetic thing is hilarious. Definitely... those with artificial limbs probably know their limits better than the sign makers. SO nielson-ish to spend hours discussing the sign... no one knows the wonders of a nielson sense of humor