Saturday, October 11, 2008

I knew you were dying to know what we were up to

Well as you might have noticed I have not blogged about either Alex or me for quite some time. We really have not had anything too exciting going on in our lives lately, but I will fill you in anyway. Alex is still liking school and studying very hard, it seems weird that the first semester of Law school is already half over. He finishes though on December 12Th so I know he will be happy for a month long Christmas break. We already bought our tickets to go home for Christmas and I can hardly wait, yay home!

I have been working a few days here and there but I start full time on Monday. I am excited to get into a routine and to get busy. We still have not been able to do the Disney World thing or even the beach yet, but we are trying to find a time, I can't believe we have been here this long and have not done either of those yet.

The weather is still really warm here and I never realized how much I love fall. I love the beautiful leaves and the cool crisp air, it does not seem like Halloween yet but I bought some fake fall leaves and that helped get me in the mood to put up my Halloween decorations. I am not sure what will get me in the mood for Christmas decorating though. I Will have to think about that one, 80 degree weather and palm trees is not my idea of Christmas. However we are still enjoying the weather and I know I will appreciate it even more when we come back to Florida after being home in the cold for Christmas.

Last weekend for conference it was weird not to be able to get it on a regular television channel, on Saturday I watched it on the Internet and was really not looking forward to having to go to the stake center on Sunday, but then some friends that pay for the BYU channel invited us over to their house to watch. Alex and I were so grateful to them for inviting us and we had a great time eating dinner and watching conference with our friends.

So that is what we have been up to, nothing very exciting but we are happy and well, and that's what matters most right? Oh but we did see this movie last night and we both thought it was awesome, so if you are looking for a good action packed movie for the weekend, see this one.


post signature

2 comments:

amelia said...

NO DISNEYWORLD YET?! ARE YOU A NIELSON?!

JK. Excited to hear about your new job!

Kristin said...

I hope you are enjoying your job! I bet it will be nice going full time.

I feel ya with the warm fall/winter. I was thrown off when I moved to Utah and there were actually seasons instead of warmth all year round :)