Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Um...So I Kinda Missed my Flight


Ok so I know that most of you are wondering, how could Ashley miss her flight? she is usually so on top of things and always gets where she needs to on time :) ha ha I wish. So I was in the Chicago airport on Saturday with my mother-in-law Kaaron. Our plane arrived from SLC at 10:45 Chicago time. Kaaron had the plane tickets for the next flight so I asked her "What time does our plane leave Chicago?" "1:30" Replies Kaaron. "Oh good" I say "That means we have plenty of time before we have to get on the plane, we can eat lunch and do some shopping (Alex loves anything from Chicago since that is where he grew up). So Kaaron and I do some shopping and eat a leisurely lunch. We have just purchased some items when I look at my watch and it is 12:20. "One more hour" I say. "What time do we get to Nashville Kaaron?" "1:30" Replies Kaaron "Just enough time for us to get to Megan's house to help with the Birthday Party". I pause "But Kaaron, aren't we supposed to arrive in Nashville at 1:30?" "Yeah" Says Kaaron "We arrive at the same time we leave, isn't that funny?" "Yeah" I say "Except there is no time change between Chicago and Nashville" Kaaron looked at me with panic in her eyes "There isn't?" She asks. We both look at each other and run to our terminal. The 12:20 flight to Nashville is long gone seeing as how it is now 12:30. We both stare out the windows in shock. "How could we be so careless?" We ask ourselves. We run to the desk to ask the girl for help, she informs us that the next flight to Nashville leaves at 3:20 and there is room for us so she will switch our tickets. But we are already too late for the Star Wars Birthday party for my nephew Derek. We wait in the airport an additional 3 hours and arrive in Nashville for the last 1/2 hour of the party. Can you believe that? First and hopefully the last time that ever happens to me, I will be more careful and inform Kaaron about the time zones :)

4 comments:

amelia said...

Oh, I would be ticked too! That is pretty funny about the timezones :)

Kristin said...

Ah, that stinks!! How frustrating! Hopefully things go smoothly from here on out :)

Michael B said...

Ash, yes all the rootbeers tasted different! I was surprised, some tasted minty and some were gingery... Funny story about your flight... I mean hopefully it's funny to you now.

Breaking the Barrier said...

Ha (high pitched) Ha ( a little lower pitch...now read it) HA Ha! Now that's a good story!!