Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last Field Trip of the School Year!

Today our entire school went to a place called Hollywood Connections. It is a fun place with a lot of small rides and miniature golf, laser tag, roller skating etc. Not that big, (fun dome style) but the kids had a blast. Our school rented out the entire place, locked the doors and all the kids just got to run free. They had a ball, they all agreed it was the best day of their 7 year old life. I had a lot of fun too. I got to ride the rides with some of my kids, I was glad that they got to see the "More Fun" side of me before the year came to an end. I can be fun when I am not having to tell them to be quiet or to sit down or to pay attention. Hopefully they saw that potential in me today. One time I went on a roller coaster (the tiniest roller coaster you have ever seen) with one of the little girls in my class, she came off of the ride just bawling, she was so upset and through her tears she managed to say, "That was so scary, I hated that ride, I never want to go on that again." She had truly been terrified by the tiny roller coaster. So I didn't take her on that one again. (She is the little blond haired girl with the skirt and a mad look on her face in front of the carousal, I took that picture right after she got off the ride, if you look really carefully you can still see tears.


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ah, how fun! What a fun way to end the school year!

Unknown said...

Dude, school is finally out! I am so stoked!

Julia Davis said...

No more homework no more books no more students' dirty looks! Yeah! I am so excited for you! Congrats on finishing the year.... :) What are your other summer plans?

amelia said...

Hope you are RELAXING now!